Gå til indhold

I did my medical training in a EU country

To be able to practise medicine in Denmark, Greenland and the Faroe Islands - and become a member - you must hold a Danish authorisation.

The Danish Patient Safety Authority (Styrelsen for Patientsikkerhed) is responsible for issuing the authorisations. 
If you are a medical doctor from an EU country and want to work in Denmark, you can apply for an authorisation here.

In order to obtain an authorisation to practise medicine, you must accomplish the following:

  • Approval of your medical exam papers
  • Consider learning Danish. There are no specific language proficiency requirements from The Danish Patient Safety Authority. However, an employer may expect a certain level of Danish proficiency.
    A list of Danish language course providers can be found here